Bridges to Success
The Bridges to Success Department provides a wide range of support services to students who need assistance in getting through college.
The Office of Bridges to Success (BTS) is responsible for working with diverse populations to assist with the post-secondary transition from application to enrollment and graduation; assist the college in creating an educational environment that supports the success of these students.
In addition, BTS is committed to helping all students become successful in achieving their educational and career goals. We know that theRoad to Success can be challenging as students balance their academic course work, responsibilities and personal life.
久久99热只有频精品6,日本高清2018字幕,手机看片日韩国产秒拍,在线看的性视频网站,CL最新地址,在线欧美 精品,清浦新闻中心An important element in a student’s success at Valencia is the connection with people and services that can assist them when they need it. BTS works within the college to provide services and programs of interest and benefit to our diverse student population.
BTS is committed to recruiting students who may present with factors which could prove challenging for his/her transition to and completion of college. Factors considered include: First generation college student, Qualify for free or reduced lunch, English as a second language, Single parent home, Foster child, Unemployment of parent/guardian, Known disability, Undocumented Florida residency status (non-FL resident), etc. Other factors that are considered include participation in pre-collegiate programs such as AVID, Elevate, and McKnight Achievers; community service and extra-curricular activities; as well as personal characteristics such as perseverance, communication skills, self-motivation and commitment to educational success.
久久99热只有频精品6,日本高清2018字幕,手机看片日韩国产秒拍,在线看的性视频网站,CL最新地址,在线欧美 精品,清浦新闻中心BTS, as a part of its action plan for minority recruitment and retention maintains vital connections with colleges and universities throughout the country, and with churches and other civic and ethnic groups in the community that support students in their educational endeavors by offering a needs-based award to those who would benefit from participation in the Bridges to Success program.
Bridges to Success Staff
Dr. Tanisha D. Carter
Bridges to Success Award
To be considered for the Bridges award, you must meet the following criteria:
- 1Student should apply to Valencia 3 to 4 weeks prior to BTS application deadline
- 2Student must be a resident of Orange or Osceola County
- 3Student must be a graduating senior (must graduate with a standard high school diploma, or GED, and be eligible to receive financial aid)
- 4Student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- 5Student must take the Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT) or have ACT/SAT scored
- 6Submit all documents to the corresponding Valencia departments as instructed on the application check list (Note: Incomplete packets will not be considered)
Campus Locations & Hours
- Bldg 5, Rm 230
- Monday - Friday: 8am to 2pm
- Bldg 3, Rm 104
- Monday - Friday: 9am to 5pm
- SSB, Rm 173
- Monday - Friday: 8:15am to 5:30pm